Benefits of IFMA MembershipJoin the Kansas City International Facility Management Association Community
IFMA membership gives you the industry information, professional interaction and essential resources necessary to remain competitive. IFMA represents the most connected community of facility managers in the industry, and our community grows stronger each year.
As a member of IFMA, you have access to benefits, contacts, resources and opportunities, all geared toward strengthening your knowledge, skills and confidence. IFMA is dedicated to supporting you throughout your career. The entire Association-from Headquarters to individual members-is ready to help you grow, both personally and professionally.
IFMA members have access to resources that help them solve job-related problems.
A useful network of professional contacts
Pose questions on an IFMA Council listserv for immediate answers
Access to the FMJ, Membership Directory, FM publications, educational sessions, product and service providers
Attend local chapter meetings and discuss work challenges with colleagues, many of whom have faced similar problems and may be able to offer guidance and insight
Attend IFMA's World Workplace Conference and Expo—international gatherings of industry professionals seeking education, information and interaction
Attend an IFMA Professional Development seminar, increasing your knowledge and skills as a competent practitioner
Acquire professional certification through IFMA's Certified Facility Manager (CFM) program, a measure of proficiency for competent facility managers and an industry standard
IFMA provides the industry's practitioners and suppliers with Membership and More…
Competency-based and FM Edge hot topic courses
Certified Facility Manager designation
Recognized FM degree programs
Chapter and council meetings, events and activities
World Workplace Conference & Expo in North America, Europe & Asia-Pacific
Recognition for professional achievements
Member Resource Center
Online job referral service
Online Membership Directory
Legal and regulatory reports
Corporate marketing and sponsorship opportunities
IFMA Web site
Online Buyer's Directory
Facility Management Journal
Publications, research reports and conference proceedings
Top Five Reasons to Become an IFMA Member
1. Representation IFMA is recognized as the leading authority on facility management. IFMA has established a worldwide presence to monitor issues affecting the workplace globally. Working with other workplace-related organizations, IFMA also promotes awareness and impacts trends affecting the future of FM.
2. Networking and Interaction IFMA supports the most connected community of facility managers in the industry, and our community grows stronger each year. With 125 local chapters, 16 industry-specific councils and a host of special events offered throughout the year, IFMA's networking opportunities are second to none.
3. Professional Development Whether you are preparing for certification or simply want to improve your current skills, IFMA's Professional Development seminars and courses help you acquire valuable tools and techniques, gain insight into the complexities of FM and learn strategies for increasing on-the-job effectiveness.
4. Professional Certification IFMA's Certified Facility Manager (CFM) program promotes professional excellence, establishes global standards for professional practice, promotes the added value of the profession and helps to influence the future direction of facility operations worldwide.
5. Member Resources At no extra cost or at significantly reduced rates, IFMA provides its members with a wealth of educational, career enhancement and personal development resources.
How does membership in IFMA benefit me?
Offers professional insight, clarity and direction
Exposure to a multitude of resources
Increased opportunities to broaden skills and knowledge in all FM-related areas
Networking with professionals locally and globally
Access to IFMA research reports, publications and conferences
Opportunities to grow both personally and professionally
FM-targeted resource of career opportunities
How does membership in IFMA benefit my company?
Increased efficiency and productivity in its facility management team
Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses through benchmarking studies
Reduced liability risks by keeping staff informed of important issues and legislation affecting the workplace
Access to state-of-the-art, cost-effective product and service solutions to meet your diverse workplace needs
As an IFMA member, you receive:
Discounts on seminars, events and merchandise.
Access to IFMAnet, the members-only Internet site, enabling you to network with approximately 17,500 members worldwide through the online Membership Directory.
Access to JOBnet, IFMA's online job referral service.
Educational and networking opportunities through local chapters and special-interest councils.
Opportunities to be recognized through IFMA's Awards of Excellence program.
Invitations to premier facility management events such as IFMA's World Workplace.
Opportunities to participate as an exhibitor, sponsor or speaker at IFMA events.
Bimonthly issues of Facility Management Journal, the single best source of information for facility professionals.
Opportunities to gain industry recognition by submitting articles to Facility Management Journal.
Monthly editions of IFMA News, brimming with information on what's happening globally in the IFMA community.
Join IFMA | Want to Get Involved | Contact Us